Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spooks and Such!



So I got a message from one of my former teachers at Massart, Mr. Roosh, asking if I wanted to take part of a spook show. Of course my answer was 'heck yes!' I love spooky things. I go to the Feast of Flesh every year and have a grand ol time. So, I decided to draw some silly not so spooky things. I have to say that my creative juices weren't flowing properly today, mostly because I'm pretty sure I sweated them all out by about 9 am today.

To attempt to cool off, I sat down and watched probably one of the more entertaining zombie movies I've seen in a long time. Dead Snow. Go see it. Seriously. Just when you thought zombies couldn't become more evil, they create Nazi zombies. There's great special effects and it's fun and campy, and in a way, it reminded me of Evil Dead. There was even a boom stick. Gotta love it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good to know! I have it in my Netflix queue, I know what I am watching next...was it as good as "Sean of the Dead"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little different than Shaun of the Dead. It doesn't take itself seriously, but it's definitely not a flat out parody. I think you'd like it a lot though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dead snow sucked hardcore, but the death scenes were awesome, just skip the first forty minits of that bullshit

    love,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sam,

    The death scenes were totally awesome, which was why it was fun to watch! I also really liked the impressions of the Governator Arnold. But it's definitely not everyone's cup o' tea. It was no Dead Alive, but few movies are.. :P

    Hugs,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete