Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wizards I'm Sure


Just when I thought I was out, the pulled me back in. Last summer, I was introduced to a game. A game that is played in the darkest of dungeons, the dankest of caves and the smelliest of basements. One that encourages tricks, surprises, and ruthlessly destroying your opponent. Magic the Gathering owned me for a good 2 months straight until I came out of the dungeon, blinking stupidly into the sunlight. School had started and I forgot about it. Well kind of. More like I was trapped under a pile of frames and watercolor supplies that made up my Degree Project. So my deck gathered dust, banished to the graveyard if you will.

And then I heard a friend of mine was getting into it, and like a moth to the flame I was drawn back towards it. Though, I'm not going to lie, it's a really fun game, and yeah, it may sound lame, but I'm woman enough to be okay with it. You could say I have
+5/+5 and shroud against ridicule :) In all seriousness though, if I could NOT draw like an eight year old, I'd love to illustrate for them, despite it being a nerdy card game, the illustrations really are beautiful. Even if you hate the game, check out the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment