Monday, August 15, 2011

The Picker


Today's doodle is inspired from a real life event that I was unfortunate enough to bear witness to.

A gym is a sweaty, smelly place. However, there is such a thing as an all lady gym, which is still sweaty, slightly less smelly, and incredibly clean. The ladies that work out there do not mess around, and are way focused. However, there are some who think that that degree of focus that each individual has on themselves and their workout, renders one near invisible and free to do any number of socially awkward things.

So, I was minding my own business and running one day, as I used to do for fun, before I realized that running like a hamster on a moving track was not actually fun, when I noticed a lady doing something most un-lady like. That doesn't really mean much coming from a tom boy like me, but I digress.
This woman was running at full tilt, and leans way back, and picks a wedgie that must have lodged itself in the seventh circle of her hindquarter hell, as she was probably elbow deep in her own gym shorts. I nearly tripped for one of many reasons. Mostly, I was shocked at the intensity of the wedgie excavation. Secondly, I was slightly impressed that although this woman was running at least 6.5-7 mph and leaning at like a 45 degree angle backwards, she did not trip, or even slow down. Lastly, I was laughing like an idiot, because I am a 12 year old child trapped in a not-12-year-old body.

Anyway, this is a quick character doodle for this situation, does not actually reflect the offender in question. I'm excited to actually animate her running, I picture a rolling gait and lots of side to side action.

No comments:

Post a Comment