Monday, August 22, 2011

Weird Science


It's funny how science has kind of pushed itself into my life, particularly engineering. After college, I did freelance work for an after school engineering program, and worked with some brilliant and creative kids and adults who I think will someday change the world in a profound way. Then, unexpectedly, I got a job at a university's college of engineering. Again, I work with some brilliant people and am always fascinated by what is going on in terms of the research that is happening around me. I may not understand everything there is to know about BME, ECE or mechanical engineering, but I can appreciate the design, creativity and problem solving aspects that go along with this territory. And then of course when people start talking robots, I get super excited. And then the cherry on top of this deliciously engineered cake, is a group of friends who are mostly engineers as well, that I love very much. I've come to accept, that I am surrounded by science and engineering as much I as am by art and design, and in so many ways, the two mix brilliantly together.

Anyway, after over hearing some grad students talking about their research experiences one day, I couldn't help but think of a mad scientist, with goggles that are just one or two sizes too small. Here's what I gots.

No comments:

Post a Comment